Kicking back watching Frost/Nixon

Greetings from Seminyak, Bali

Lovely day today although a bit hazy. It was very very overcast all day yesterday and there was lots of thunder but no storm came - so a bit weird. Today looks nice so far.

Yesterday was just another day with my ankle propped up in bed while I worked on my laptop. The swelling has gone down considerably today - so maybe just another couple of ice packs and it should be fine tomorrow.

So we watched Frost/Nixon last night - it was an incredible story and the movie was fantastic - who would think they could make such an exciting movie on what is basically a movie about a set of interviews with Nixon. I must admit I did not know too much about the early David Frost and it was quite interesting - had no idea he had a couple of shows in Australia at the time and that he basically paid for the whole Nixon thing because the networks would not have anything to do with it. I would totally recommend it to anybody wanting to watch a film that makes you think but also explains something that was so shocking at the time. Makes you want to do more research and get more facts about the situation.

So that's all for today - hopefully when I am up and about I will have more exciting things to blog about - especially as we have watched all our movies - need to go get some more!

Cheers from Bali
J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kicking back watching Extras by Ricky Gervais

Paradiso Bowling & Billiard Center

To Hell in High Heels