Hungover in Paradise

Greetings from Seminyak, Bali

Today is a simply gorgeous day outside (a bit too bright on the tired eyes I must say) and 27 degrees and 77% humidity.

Our dollar is hovering around 7,698 rupiahs and life is good.

Well as you can see from my title today I am a wee bit hungover. Yesterday (okay the day before yesterday actually - started this then had to take a nap - ha ha) Peter and I celebrated 9 YEARS together - who would have thunk it!

So of course we went out for a nice dinner together and had too much vino and vodka! We both got dressed up and decided to go to Lemongrass at Jln. Raya Seminyak 37, Seminyak. It is a Thai restaurant and quite nice inside. We have been here a couple of times before but not for a few years.

So here is a piccie of the inside of the restaurant - forgot to take one of outside - sorry!

As I said we both got a little dressed up - and I even WORE MAKEUP - OMG!

And Peter got all spruced up as well - with a collared shirt and all! He looks very handsome I think. And of course he has the ever present bottle of Bintang - and if you noticed I had my requisite glass of Hatten Rose!

Now you know I love to blog about food - so we ordered the Tofu Tod for the entree - which is deep fried tofu served with sweet chilli sauce. It was quite nice - very fresh and tasty - but very mild in flavour, but a nice starter for us both. It was actually a main meal but they only had spring rolls that were vegetarian in the entree section and I get pretty tired of spring rolls being the only vegetarian entree on a menu so we gave them a miss.

For our main meals, we had the Gaeng Dang Pak - which is mixed vegetables and tofu cooked with coconut milk and red curry paste. Once again it was very nice, but lacked a bit of oomph - just not spicy or flavorsome enough for us. We actually had better thai food at a little place just around the corner from us - will blog about it later - and will update here with the name!

Our other main was the Tofu Pad Bai Krapaow which is stir fried tofu with basil leave, fresh chili, mushrooms, onions, garlic and green beans. Once again, nice enough but lacking that bit of spice and flavour you want in a really good Thai meal.
As it was a special occasion I persuaded Peter to get dessert with me - I had the Mamuang Khao Nieo - which apparently is the most famous Thai dessert made from freshly cooked sticky rice with coconut milk and slices of sweet mango sprinkled with sesame seeds. It was nice but a bit gluggy for me - the mango was the best part - it was really sweet and tasty.

Peter went with the old favourite of Gluay Tod which is thai style fried banana fritters served with maple syrup and vanilla ice cream. It was nice, did not look very Thai though coming in a sundae dish like that - but Peter loved it and I managed to snag a little bite - it was tasty.

So overall it was nice to get dressed up for the occasion but don't think we would go here again - we like our Thai food just a little bit more flavorsome.

So after dinner we decided to walk back to the hotel - there seemed like a lot of traffic but not many tourists - we didn't actually see many at all on th way back.

Here is a snap of Peter and I walking back - it was very pleasant - not too hot - and a good time to browse in windows with nobody there to ask you to buy!

Sampai Nanti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kicking back watching Extras by Ricky Gervais

Paradiso Bowling & Billiard Center

To Hell in High Heels