Leaving Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Greetings from Seminyak, Bali.
Sorry haven't blogged for a few days - been busy on work stuff.
The weather is kind of overcast with 75% humidity and a temperature around 31 degrees. But it feels much hotter - quite warm today.
Our dollar is hovering around 7,628 rupiahs.
Well since my last blog we have returned from Johor Bahru. We did not end up seeing much as Peter (my other half) had a bit of JB Belly - so I basically worked on my internet stuff while he rested.
So here is a view outside our hotel (Puteri Pacific Hotel) window - we had a great view - it looks over the Straits of Johor. We were only five minutes drive to the causeway that links to Singapore.
So here is the view looking to the right outside our window - this is a truly awesome looking building. It is the State Secretariat Building (Bangunan Sultan Ibrahim) and was built in 1940 (although to me it looks much older!).
So our last night, Peter was still not feeling up to going out so I ordered room service - as I mentioned previously The Puteria Pacific really had quite a good range for vegetarians in their room service menu.
So I ordered their Wild Mushroom Soup and a toasted Fried Egg sandwich with fries. I know I know I was hungry what can I say and wanted something bad for me!!!
Now here is a picture of the Wild Mushroom Soup and I have to say it tasted way better than it looked. It honestly was one of the best soups I have ever tasted - it was rich and so mushroomy. And for those that know me they know that I LOVE my mushrooms! It was totally awesome and it was priced at 16RM - about $6.80 AUD.
The sandwich was great too - it was 24RM - which is about $10 AUD - so a very cheap meal and very tasty. It had a fried egg and fresh lettuce and tomato and a really nice mayo on it - so was great and the fries were crisp and hot too - so overall a really great meal.
Okay have to put this picture in - it is me stuffing my face with my Fried Egg sandwich - Peter was so jealous that he could not eat anything - that he had to take my photo - ha ha.
Okay while I am on about food - they had a really good breakfast setup as well. So here is a picture of the cafe that serves breakfast.
So being vegetarians - we are also pleasantly surprised to go to breakfast and have a vast choice - which was certainly the case here. Of course there was fresh fruit, but also soups (including a clear vegetable soup), lots of hot foods including rice dishes and curries and of course danishes and pastries, along with cereals, breads, etc.
Because I don't get many pictures of Peter without him pulling a funny face - have to put this photo of him in drinking his coffee at breakfast our last morning. Even though he is trying to ruin the photo I think he looks lovely!
So to conclude - this is a great breakfast for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. Oh and breakfast was included in the room price. Had to take a photo of the cereal Peter insists on eating wherever he goes!
Okay we managed a quick wander around our hotel before we had to leave for the airport. So we wandered down to checkout the immigration building leading to the causeway and onto Singapore.
Also took a photo of the hotel from the street.
When we checked out we got a taxi and he was not very talkative and about half way there he stopped and got petrol! He did not even turn off the meter - incredible - no explanation, no nothing. Quite funny really.
See no driver!
Sorry haven't blogged for a few days - been busy on work stuff.
The weather is kind of overcast with 75% humidity and a temperature around 31 degrees. But it feels much hotter - quite warm today.
Our dollar is hovering around 7,628 rupiahs.
Well since my last blog we have returned from Johor Bahru. We did not end up seeing much as Peter (my other half) had a bit of JB Belly - so I basically worked on my internet stuff while he rested.
So here is a view outside our hotel (Puteri Pacific Hotel) window - we had a great view - it looks over the Straits of Johor. We were only five minutes drive to the causeway that links to Singapore.
So here is the view looking to the right outside our window - this is a truly awesome looking building. It is the State Secretariat Building (Bangunan Sultan Ibrahim) and was built in 1940 (although to me it looks much older!).
So our last night, Peter was still not feeling up to going out so I ordered room service - as I mentioned previously The Puteria Pacific really had quite a good range for vegetarians in their room service menu.
So I ordered their Wild Mushroom Soup and a toasted Fried Egg sandwich with fries. I know I know I was hungry what can I say and wanted something bad for me!!!
Now here is a picture of the Wild Mushroom Soup and I have to say it tasted way better than it looked. It honestly was one of the best soups I have ever tasted - it was rich and so mushroomy. And for those that know me they know that I LOVE my mushrooms! It was totally awesome and it was priced at 16RM - about $6.80 AUD.
The sandwich was great too - it was 24RM - which is about $10 AUD - so a very cheap meal and very tasty. It had a fried egg and fresh lettuce and tomato and a really nice mayo on it - so was great and the fries were crisp and hot too - so overall a really great meal.
Okay have to put this picture in - it is me stuffing my face with my Fried Egg sandwich - Peter was so jealous that he could not eat anything - that he had to take my photo - ha ha.
Okay while I am on about food - they had a really good breakfast setup as well. So here is a picture of the cafe that serves breakfast.
So being vegetarians - we are also pleasantly surprised to go to breakfast and have a vast choice - which was certainly the case here. Of course there was fresh fruit, but also soups (including a clear vegetable soup), lots of hot foods including rice dishes and curries and of course danishes and pastries, along with cereals, breads, etc.
Because I don't get many pictures of Peter without him pulling a funny face - have to put this photo of him in drinking his coffee at breakfast our last morning. Even though he is trying to ruin the photo I think he looks lovely!
So to conclude - this is a great breakfast for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. Oh and breakfast was included in the room price. Had to take a photo of the cereal Peter insists on eating wherever he goes!
Okay we managed a quick wander around our hotel before we had to leave for the airport. So we wandered down to checkout the immigration building leading to the causeway and onto Singapore.
Also took a photo of the hotel from the street.
When we checked out we got a taxi and he was not very talkative and about half way there he stopped and got petrol! He did not even turn off the meter - incredible - no explanation, no nothing. Quite funny really.
See no driver!
















Comments
Post a Comment